NEW YORK, NY – The music industry was stunned this week to find out that Hospital Sounds: The Sounds of the Hospital, an album of hospital sounds self-released by a local hospital, had climbed all the way to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 list. The album, produced by hospital administrators and recorded on a Wednesday afternoon in July, has taken the nation by storm.
Standout tracks include the 15 minute long “Beeping,” which features various types of beeping as well as “Eating Noises,” in which we listen to patients delightfully consume hospital meals. In their 10.0 review of Hospital Sounds, Pitchfork Media’s Renato Pagnani states, “The ethereal textures of ‘Pyxis Doors Unlocking‘ provide a slow-burning excursion into the endless depths of the human existence. In ‘Silence,’ the listener is enveloped in 8 minutes of soundless dreamscape that reaches deep within the subconscious and jarringly rips out all inhibitions.
The album is available on all music streaming platforms. Track listing can be found below.
- Beeping (15:03)
- Patient Transferring from Bed to Chair (3:45)
- Colonoscopy Post-Op (31:21)
- Eating Noises (Soft diet) (11:34)
- Hand Washing (0:46)
- Man Asking for Directions to the Cafeteria (1:12)
- Pyxis Doors Unlocking (5:51)
- Radiologist Leaning Back in Plush Leather Chair and Sighing (0:09)
- Parking Garage Echoes (7:01)
- Silence (8:28)
- Angry Surgeon Asking for Instruments (10:19)
- Health Care Providers Muttering Under Their Breath (21:52)
- Resident Burning Out (4:15)
- Typing (54:19)